Search

{Mani Monday} Six-Polish Layering Adventure


Welcome back to Mani Monday!

There's been a slight hiatus when it comes to my manicures.  Why?  Oh, you know...pregnancy and a newborn will do things to a gal.  Never mind planning and packing for a move and new house.  Did I mention my daughter's birthday, hubby's birthday, and Christmas were in there, too? *whew*

 But have no fear, I'm back with a vengeance and ready to start laquerin' it up again!



 Case in point: Apparently I was having withdrawals and feeling a little experimental when I stamped this mani.  I just kept piling on the layers!



Here's the plan of attack:

1. Kleancolor base Pink Sleepers
2. Vernis base on ring finger Gold Glitz
3. Stamped stars (Cheeky plate CH5) with Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold
4. Tips added with Gold Glitz
5. Sally Hansen layer Glass Slipper
6. Layer on ring finger Icing (sticker came off so I don't know the name; tried to find swatches online, but no luck; polish is clear base with iridescent medium and micro hex glitters)
7. NYC topcoat Grand Central Station (quick dry)

Got that?


 
This mani was fun but I didn't love how Vernis Gold Glitz made my tips look yellow.  If I did it over, I would have done a gold tip with Maybelline Bold Gold first, then added Gold Glitz.  Or, done a more opaque neutral base.
I truly loved the Icing over Gold Glitz.  Gold and iridescent sparkles?  Heck yes!